Kids Crafts -
Seashell Wind Chimes
1 plastic coffee-can lid
knitting yarn scraps
liquid white glue
sharp pencil or paper punch.
How To Make It
- Glue each shell to the end of a short piece of yarn. Let dry overnight.
- Punch eight holes equally spaced on the top of a plastic coffee-can lid. Use a sharp pencil or a paper punch.
- Hold the lid with the rim facing up. Push the eight pieces of yarn through the eight holes of the underside of the lid.
- Tie the end of each piece of yarn in a large knot. Make the knot bigger than the hole so the yarn will not slip through.
- Punch two more holes on opposite edges of the lid.
- Push one end of a large piece of yarn from the top of the lid through one hole. It should come out on the underside of the chime. Tie a large knot.
- Push the other end of the yarn through the other hole and knot it.
- Hang the chime on the branch of a tree or in your window.
Back to Kids Craft Corner - Seasons