Kids Crafts -
Bake A Pirate Island
poster paints and brushes
plastic drinking straws
pasta shells or dried beans
colored construction paper
Island Dough Recipe
- 1 cup white flour
- 3 1/2 oz salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- mixing bowl
You will need your parents help for this part. Mix the flour and salt in a large mixing bowl. Add the oil and just enough water to make soft dough. Knead well and then divide the dough into two lumps.
How To Make It
- Shape one lump into an island. Add mountains, caves or maybe a bay.
- Use the remaining dough to create a pirate ship, treasure chest, X-for marking the spot, skeleton, pirate or whatever else you would like to make.
- Get your parents to line a cookie sheet with foil and bake your island and accessories in the oven at 350º for approximately 25 minutes. Leaving them in longer will make the rock hard. Let cool completely.
- Decorate your beach with painted shells or beans. Paint bones on your skeleton and decorate your pirate.
- Decorate your pirate ship with sail-shaped pieces of construction paper. Make a Jolly Roger (pirate flag). Attach these things to toothpicks with glue and glue them to the ship.
- Make palm trees by twisting folded squares or tissue paper onto shortened straws. Open out the paper slightly and tear the edges to make it look like palm leaves. Add your palm trees to your island with glue.
Notes You can use foil gold coins, gummy fish and worms for decorations.