Kids Crafts -
15 cups popped popcorn
1 stick of butter or margarine
2 - 10 oz. pkgs. marshmallows
gumdrops or red hots
fruit leather or fruit by the foot
How To Make It
- Put popcorn in large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Melt butter in non-stick saucepan over medium to low heat. Add all the marshmallows, stirring continually with a wooden spoon until they're completely melted.
- Pour the mixture over the popcorn and stir to coat evenly.
- As soon as the marshmallow is cool enough to touch, rub a little butter in your hands and make popcorn balls (about one cup of popcorn per ball).
- Build and decorate your snowmen on a sheet of waxed paper. For each one, stack three popcorn balls atop each other. Push pretzel stick arms into the sides the middle popcorn ball. Add raisins for eyes and a candy corn for a nose. Arrange a row of mini jawbreakers into a broad grin. For buttons on the snowman's chest, use gumdrops or red hots.
- If your popcorn balls aren't sticky enough to hold the decorations, mix up a small batch of stiff white icing (add water, a few drops at a time, to 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar and stir until smooth) and use it to glue the candy in place.
- For snowmen's scarves, cut rectangles out of fruit leather and fringe the ends and wrap around neck.
Back to Kids Craft Corner