Kids Crafts -
Heavy dinner size paper plates
3 sheets of colored tissue paper (yellow, teal, purple)
Crafting foam in desired colors
Thick white crafts glue
8-foot lengths of string
How To Make It
- Apply glue from glue stick to the entire back of the paper plate. Place the lightest color of tissue paper over the glue, smoothing out any air bubbles with your fingers.
- Tear shapes out of contrasting colors of tissue paper. APply glue from glue stick over sections of the base color and lay the shapes onto the glue.
- Cut out four feet, a head and a tail from the crafting foam. Glue the features onto the rim of the underdecorated side of the plate. Let Dry.
- Glue sequin eyes and nostrils to the head. With a pencil point, pierce a hole 2 inches below the plate rim in the center of the turtle's back.
- Tie one string end around the bottom of a tree trunk or chair leg, 1 foot above the ground floor. Thread the string in your hand and jiggle it up and down to get your turtle to walk on his feet all the way to the tree or chair.
Back to Kids Craft Corner