||Learning Your Manners 101
I know the proper,
Tips and Tricks For
Good Table Manners
- Never eat with your mouth open. No one wants to see or hear the food in your mouth.
- Don't talk with your mouth full. It is very rude.
- Don't stuff your mouth full of food or eat too quickly. You're not an animal.
- Eat with utensils unless you are being served finger food.
- Wait until everyone has sat down and has food before you start to eat.
- Don't reach over people's plates to get something. Ask for something to be passed to you.
- Don't slurp your food or pick your teeth at the table. It's just plain rude.
- Always use a napkin to wipe your mouth. And, don't use your napkin as a tissue.
- Do not blow your nose, fart or burp at the table. Excuse yourself to the bathroom to do these things.
- Always say thank you for the food and thank the host for having you over for dinner.
Back to Manners Index