Chocolate Bird Nests
2 1/2 cups chow mein noodles
2 cups coarsely crushed cornflakes cereal
3 cups (18 oz) semisweet chocolate chips
54 jelly beans in various colors
- Line a large baking sheet with waxed paper. In a large bowl, with your
hands, toss together the noodles and cereal
- In a medium-size saucepan melt the chocolate, stirring constantly until smooth.
over the noodle mixture and toss gently with a mixing spoon until evenly
- For each nest, mound 2 tablespoonfuls of the cereal mixture on
the prepared baking sheet.
- With your fingers, make an indentation in each
mound, shaping the mixture into nests. Press three jelly beans in each
- Set aside until firm, about 2 hours.