The Ultimate Hot Chocolate
Needs Adult Supervision
What You Need:
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet real chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- pinch of salt
- 5 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Sweetened whipped cream
- Optional: grated chocolate, grated orange peel, cinnamon, nutmeg
How To Put It Together:
- In a 3 quart saucepan melt chocolate chips over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Stir in sugar, water and salt.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with a wire whisk, until the mixture comes to a full boil (4 to 5 min.)
- Boil, stirring constantly, 2 min.
- Stir in milk and whipping cream.
- Continue cooking over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through (12 to 15 min.) DO NOT BOIL
- Add vanilla.
- Beat with wire whisk or rotary beater until frothy.
- Pour into mugs.
- Top each serving with a dollop of sweetened whipped cream.
- If desired, garnish with any of the item listed under 'optional'.